What is personal information?
“Personal information” is information or opinion (in recorded form or otherwise) about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. This includes your name, your date of birth and your contact details, and may also include information about your purchases and other dealings with us.
Collecting your personal information
The personal information we collect from you depends on how you interact with us. Aveling Homes may collect information in its capacity as a developer.
We may collect information such as:
- your name and date of birth
- address and other contact details
- payment details
- information about your interactions with us
- to assist us in customising our interactions with you, information about your characteristics or preferences, for instance, your family characteristics or housing preferences
- if you apply for employment with us, information relating to your application, and
- any other personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purpose of running our business
We will obtain this information through our communications and dealings with you, for example, when you make an offer to acquire a property we develop, when you participate in a competition we are running, or when you contact us by telephone, mail, email or through our website. Where it is not practicable to obtain personal information directly from you, we may collect it from third parties including your accountant.
Our purposes for handling personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to contact you
- to deliver products and services to you as a property buyer or prospective buyer
- to administer and manage our relationship with you
- to maintain our business records
- to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you
- to assess applications you make, and to otherwise run our business
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, business partners, professional advisers (such as lawyers, accountants or auditors), external service providers (such as mailing houses and information technology service providers) and regulatory bodies and government authorities as required or authorised by law.
Security of your personal information
We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. We seek to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The personal information that we hold about you is treated as confidential and only accessed when necessary. We seek to ensure that those that we disclose it to are bound by obligations of privacy and confidentiality. When we no longer require your personal information, including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you, we destroy or de-identify it.
Accessing your personal information
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. On the rare occasions that we refuse access to your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal. We may recover our reasonable costs (if any) in responding to a request for access to your personal information.
Correcting your personal information
We seek to ensure that the personal information that we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete and, in the case of our use or disclosure of that information, relevant as well. To assist us with this, we encourage you to contact us if you believe that any information that we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, and make a request that we correct you personal information accordingly. You may make such a request by contacting our Privacy Officer on email@example.com. If we refuse to correct any of your personal information following your request, we will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for our refusal.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about product and services or investment opportunities, including those of third parties, which we think may be of interest to you. We may do this while we have a current business relationship with you, even if you are on the Do Not Call Register. We may also disclose your details to other organisations for specific marketing purposes. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time if you no longer wish to receive this information. In order to do so, simply contact our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we no longer send marketing communications to you or opt out in the way suggested in our communications.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions, or if you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under the Privacy Act, or if you believe that the personal information that we hold about you has been compromised in any way, please contact our Privacy Officer on email@example.com. We will respond to any question or complaint as soon as possible. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may direct your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES AND USING THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS, GOOGLE ANALYTICS WITH ANONYMIZED IP AND FACEBOOK ADS CONVERSION TRACKING (FACEBOOK PIXEL)Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- CONTACTING THE USER
- CONTACT FORMPersonal Data: company name; email address; first name; last name; phone number; various types of Data; website
- HEAT MAPPING AND SESSION RECORDING
- INTERACTION WITH EXTERNAL SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
- FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON AND SOCIAL WIDGETSPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- REMARKETING AND BEHAVIOURAL TARGETING
- ADROLL AND FACEBOOK REMARKETINGPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- FACEBOOK CUSTOM AUDIENCEPersonal Data: Cookies; email address
- SPAM PROTECTION
- GOOGLE RECAPTCHAPersonal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
42 Cedric St, Stirling, WA, 6021
Owner contact email: email@example.com
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
42 Cedric St, Stirling, WA, 6021
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
MODE AND PLACE OF PROCESSING THE DATA
METHODS OF PROCESSING The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of aveling-homes.com.au (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. PLACE The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organisation governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section. RETENTION TIME Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Contacting the User, Remarketing and behavioural targeting, Interaction with external social networks and platforms, SPAM protection and Heat mapping and session recording. Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.